Thursday, December 11, 2014

Second week in Longmont...


This week has been pretty busy!  We did some more service.  We cleaned a guy's gutters on the roof and it was scary but fun! We also did service for the Rec Center in Longmont and they let us work out there for free!  So that is nice!  Since last week we have been going there and working out! This is going to surprise you but I found out that I like Coconut Shrimp the family who fed us didn't ask us if we like seafood and I didn't want to be rude so I ate it and it was pretty good! Lol  The only thing I didn't like was the shrimp noodles because it’s so crunchy so I took fast bites so  that I wouldn't taste it!  lol :)

This week has been better I know I told you that there was 3 teen suicides within 3 weeks and we found out yesterday that another teenager tried to kill herself the day my companion and I came to Longmont! So I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my life and I know that I should be more focused on my mission and I am but ever since I came to Longmont hearing about the suicides it's made me think about wanting to become a Mental Health Counselor.  I know I still have a long ways to go but it’s kind of hard when I keep hearing about people killing themselves and the fact that I use to have depression. I think that would  make it easy for people if I can relate to what they are going through. So I'm not sure it might change but that's what I want to do as of right now but then again it might change! Lol  I hope you guys are doing great and I can’t wait to Skype and call you guys on Christmas you guys are always in my prayers!


(Ugh!  My heart hurts and it keeps getting harder to post but he is doing good things and I know this is what he needs to help him grow and that he is there for a reason.  We couldn’t be prouder of him...  But we sure do miss our Logan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment